About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Monday, May 5, 2008

TAG...I'm it!

Thanks to my new blogging buddy, Laura Deline, the entire universe now gets to know trivial information about ME! I know... I know... don't wet yourself over your excitement. So, here it goes..

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was a sophomore at West Rowan and thinking that the world revolved around that small little school. I was dating a guy who ended up being THE COMPLETE opposite of the amazing man that the Lord had made for me (love you Ryan). Boy am I glad that drama is over!!!

5 Things on My To-Do List Today:
1. Work on our budget. Loving maternity leave, hating the lack of pay!
2. Get a quote on repainting my living room (and possibly kitchen). Ryan has hated the green for almost 2 years now, so I am giving in and changing it. We are going to do a khaki color in the living room. Since our kitchen is currently goldish, that will probably need to change too. Any good ideas for a khaki color (sherwin williams) or kitchen color?
3. Walk with Megan (and hopefully get some sun on this oh' so pasty body)
4. Mail everyone's Mother's Day gifts
5. Love on, stare at, feed, change, Love on some more, my beautiful daughter! (this one will definitely get done!!!)

5 Snacks I love:
1. Graham Crackers
2. Ice Cream
3. Sonic's Tropical Smoothy
4. Chips and Salsa
5. Cereal (could eat it for every meal)

5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
(sorry I couldn't stop at 5)
1. Tithe WAY more than 10% of it!
2. Put aside enough for Lucy McLean and her future siblings college and weddings. By the way, THANKS TO MY WONDERFUL PARENTS WHO PAID FOR BOTH OF THESE FOR ME! I FEEL SOOO BLESSED!!!!
3. Figure out where in the world the Lord wants us and build our dream home!
4. Tell Ryan to put in his notice at McNeely's and plan some vacations!!!
5. Pay off ALL OF Beth's doctor bills and tell her to relax and let the Lord heal her! Don't get me wrong, Beth has had an amazing attitude and great faith. I am soo proud of you!
6. Give to nonprofits for children and rescue dogs!
Ok... I think my money may be dwindling down at this point!

5 Bad Habits:
1. Picking.. at scabs, at Lucy McLean's skin, etc.
2. Blog stalking- Wow, time flies when you are on the internet.
3. Not doing my devotion daily.
4. Talking on my cell phone while driving. Ryan and I are trying to not call anyone while we have Lucy McLean in the car with us. Boy has this changed things!
5. Not being content with what I have and making lists of things I would change around my house.

5 Places I've Lived:
1. Mount Ulla, N.C. - Good ol' Rowan County, born and raised! My hometown is near and dear to my heart. It is the epitomy of a small town with 1 stoplight (actually just a warning yellow light at the high school), farms, my family, a feed store, churches and a lot of down to earth people. Nothing like it!
2. Asheville, NC- Mills Hall (craziness freshman year, hugh Erin Michelle?!), SouthRidge with Adrianne, and Founders. Loved those times.
3. Weaverville, NC- with the wonderful Ryan Norman. Our first apartment and the wonderful Evaskews across the way! Boy was that a fun year! I MISS YOU!!!
4. Auburn, Alabama- WAR EAGLE! Moving out on my own, away from family and all of the familiar was a challenge for me. Luckily, I had the great Jon Higginbotham and met my amazing Jamie. I loved finding my way and all of the growing up that I did down there. Auburn is definitely a place that gets in your blood and you can't get it out!
5. Brevard, NC- Where Ryan and I currently live. We knew we wanted to be in the mountains of N.C. and just prayed that the Lord would place us where we needed to be. We landed here in this beautiful town. We have loved getting to know everyone here and our amazing church. Sure, we miss our families, but we are taking it one day at a time and loving what the Lord has blessed us with!

5 Jobs I've Had...
1. Babysitting the fabulous Horton Crew (Mimi was 2, Brantley 3 and Susannah wasn't born when I started babysitting them. Now they are 10,15 and 16. Boy how time flies. I am so proud of all three of you!!!)
2. Pie In the Sky Pizza- Mom said I had to learn how to wait tables, "a skill everyone needs in life". My claim to fame that summer was Dale Jr. always visiting with his latest flame. He tipped good!
3. YMCA Camp Counselor
4. Nanny for the Whatleys in college
5. Kindergarten and 4th grade teacher

5 People I Want to Know More About:
1. Amanda Belue
2. Leslie Sloan
3. Ryan Norman
4. Holly Neel
5.Jamie Cook (because you need a blog)

2 comments:

Holly and Patrick said...

Haha..I made it into the blog! Hope you guys are doing well. Lucy McLean is so precious! I'm sure that you two are just loving having her around!!

DeLine Family said...

Hey new buddy...I finally scrolled down and saw your "tag!" So glad to learn more about you! And...we just had our front living/dining room painted in diverse beige (sherwin williams). It's a little more taupe than kakhi but I LOVE it...much more than I thought or hoped!! Good luck!! Laura