About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good Morning!!!
















































































Good Morning! Dad and I finished eating about 15 minutes ago. It’s now 1: 42 in the morning. He and I had the best time! I gave him his first present!(hehe!!!) Mom was downstairs resting, and it was lots of fun training him! That poor nurse is giving all the help she can, but he is being very patient with me. I’ll explain the whole mom being downstairs in a sec. I have to tell you about my grandparents. I was so excited to see them and they were ecstatic about seeing me. They have said LOTS and I mean LOTS of prayers for me. Mom had a tough time bringing me into the world. If it had not been for their love and prayers, it could have been REALLY tough. That’s why mom and I are separated. Mom was feeling kind of blue a few days before Dad brought us to the hospital. So, when Dad brought us to the hospital Sunday morning, she was having contractions and she was a little sick. By the time I arrived, the doctor determined mom had a virus and I got all upset as well. My tummy was upset before I came into the world, so I had to be closely watched as soon as I was born. Mom on the other hand, she had a few problems too. Dad says it’s not as bad as it sounds.

So, here is my story. Dad was able to stay with me, and we were taken to the NICU by a nurse. They put all of these wires on me and stuff. There were computer screens with a bunch of wavy lines on them and a few people looking at them and me. One of these folks cleaned me up really well and Dad took a few pictures of me. He says I didn’t cry very much and it made him a little nervous, but I was VERY tired. Upset tummy, dehydration, BIRTH etc. There is only so much a little girl can handle. Thank goodness though, Daddy and I said a quick prayer together and mommy showed up. She was back to see me, and man was she toasted. Daddy has the pictures to prove it! He'll have to put them on here later though. They must have had her on some good stuff to keep from hurting.

As soon as I was born, the doctor had to help mom out a bit. The stuff that was supposed to happen after I was born didn’t. So, the doctor had to put mom to sleep to help her. She had to go to the operating room. That is why she has to stay downstairs and I have to stay in that place called the NICU. Mom is doing great! She has been coming to see me A LOT! Her time in the operating room has helped both of us. We were both able to rest on Monday and we have been working hard learning how to feed. Mom is doing a great job. She is being very patient with me and she is helping me a lot. I hope that we can both get well enough to go to my new home.

I think I am doing very well, but the doctor wants me to stay here, so I can get some antibiotics and be closely watched in case something harmful were to come my way. Although, I have been quite the noisemaker at times and Dad says it’s music to his ears. I heard him telling someone I did not make a lot of noise after I was born. He does not realize what is coming for him when we get home! I know he will still love me though. Well, I hope you sleep well because I am going to doze off myself. Have a Great Night and I hope God blesses You when you least expect it!

Lucy McLean

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how long will you be in the hospital? Are you at mission? I would love to visit! lemme know!

The Cooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cooks said...

Ryan,I'd just like to say that you are one awesome blogger!
Josh and I love seeing all the pictures of Little Miss Lucy Mac. We can't wait to see y'all again and meet the sweet girl. We love you!

Belue said...

Ryan and Erin- She is precious! We can't wait to meet her...let us know if you need anything.

Michael, Amanda, and Sawyer