About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Pure Insanity


So we got our water bill Thursday. Our bill says we owe... $149.53. I, of course, go irrate and decide to "show them". I figure that they thought we didn't pay last month. So I pull up our statement from last month and print off where it shows we paid. Haha... I got 'em. Let me insert here that this was a totally inappropriate way of dealing with the matter, but for a girl who has been home with her precious child for 4 months and that precious child has only paid her back with love and no moolah... this is a lot of money! So, I take it up there (at 8:40, they open at 8:30) and the lady tells me that we have used... get this... 10,300 gallons of water last month. WHAT?! You have GOT to be kidding me. She asks if I had company for the 4th. I laugh and politely (at this point I am just laughing) say that I live in a tiny house and if someone were taking that long of a shower, my sweet husband and I would have gone off on them. So... no answer. I get home and go to lunch with friends, to find out that my friend's mother and father's water bill was also out of the roof. They are in their 90's, so I am thinking they aren't doing a lot of watering and what not! So, I look at my bill CLOSELY Friday night and we discover that 1891 (present reading) minus 1788 (previous reading) =103. Ahh Haa... I have found the problem. Unlike my precious children that I taught place value to, the city workers haven't figured it out and have added 0's to the end. So, I call them up to let them know that my bill is, yet again, WRONG. The lady informs me that the "readings that are written on your bill, do not include 0's " and I have "infact used 10,300 gallons of water". I remind her that a fire truck holds only 3,000 gallons of water and that this is impossible. NO LUCK. So, we are trying to figure this all out. So far, I have figured out that our bill (that is usually around $60) is still twice the amount of all of my neighbors. AGHHHH!!!!! My head is spinning. So, if you are thirsty... come on down to the watering hole!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Anonymous said...

You might want them to come out and check the connections to the house. Those are their responsibility and if they are leaking then that migth be where the water is comming from. Also keep in mind you have been home a lot more than when you were teaching. Check your toilets, faucets and anything else. We went through that in Morehead, and the water co fixed the prob and discounted our bill. Hope this helps

The Sinclairs said...

I was going to ask you if I could borrow some water, but nevermind now. I didn't realize you were providing water for the entire town of Brevard! Good luck with that! Basic math is tough these days huh? ha!

erinshelton said...

I know that we have been home, but we have been home for 4 months and our bill hasn't been this high. Not even when we were washing 4 loads of laundry a day in the beginning. So, we have a new toilet just in case. So... we will see!