About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Been awhile...

Well, work is going much better than I expected. Mornings are still pretty hard for me, but I am doing okay. Lucy McLean seems to LOVE going to her "Aunt Lissa's". It is so funny that a little over 2 years ago, I didn't even know Melissa, and now she is the woman I am trusting with my child. The Harrisons have been such a blessing in our lives. I can honestly say that I don't worry about LM AT ALL during the day. I don't know what I would do if, on top of missing her, I was also worried about her. Thank you Melissa for being the great friend and aunt that you are!
As far as work goes, we are fully in to the swing of things. This week is pretesting for 3rd graders, so say a little prayer that my first time at testing coordinator turns out okay.

We have been SUPER busy over the last week or so. Here is the rundown (highlights)...

Thursday (8/21)- I started back to work and school at WCU. I am driving all by myself this semester and it is a haul. I miss my great conversations with Megan, but am so happy that she the reason I am not having those this semester, is because Baby Girl Monk (name to TBD) is on her way!

Sat. (8/23)- Lucy McLean turned 5 months old. CRAZINESS!

Mon. (8/25)- First day with kids... turned out great! All except the end of the day when we had to drive to Arden to find out that Ryan has ulcers on his eyeball. GROSS! So, for those of you out there who wear contacts and don't listen to your spouse when they say that 2 week contacts doesn't mean 2 months, LISTEN!!! So, he couldn't wear contacts and lost his new glasses!

Sat. (8/29)- Grandma Lucille's (LM's namesake) 82nd B-day party! We went to "the homeplace" in N.Wilkesboro. We had a great time catching up with family and hanging out. Of course I think I gained 30 pounds, but that is okay! LM and Noah are getting to be fun, actually realizing that the other exists and wanting to touch each other.

Ok, so I am going to keep up with this better! That was a lot to catch up on. Below are a few pics that I couldn't put in a slideshow (it doesn't take vertical pics). I will post the slideshow of this weekend ASAP.

Lucy McLean... 5 months!


Happy Girl!
LM with her Nana!
LM and Uncle Thomas. Note... Cutie patootie Chuck Taylor's are from him!
Grandma Lucille with her sister and brother (Aunt Annie and Uncle Mack)
Lucy McLean and Aunt AnnaSydney... GORGEOUS!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thank you for taking the time to update us! We've been thinking about you A LOT and I'm sorry I haven't called to hear all of this in person. LM is growing so quickly and becoming more precious every day. Hope to see you soon! Much love!