About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to the grind...

Well, tomorrow is the first official day back. I can't believe that I am having to leave Lucy McLean. I know that I have been blessed to be home with her for almost 5 months, but it will still be hard to leave her in the morning. I know that it sounds so cliche', but I have no idea what we did before her. I am grateful that the Lord allowed mine and Melissa's paths to cross. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that LM was going to be in GREAT hands and loved on all day. It seems like yesterday that she was this tiny (well if you call 8 lbs 11 oz tiny) baby.
Now she is getting to be such a big girl with lots of personality. I am going to miss her noises, even the crying, during the day. I will miss those beautiful huge blue eyes and her cutie patootie grin. I think I might even miss being puked on! Tomorrow will be especially hard because I have class at Western tomorrow night. So, LM will leave with her Daddy at about 6:45 in the morning and I won't see her again until 9 or 10 at night :(. Say a little prayer that I can be somewhat productive at work tomorrow!

As I try to make it through, I will keep these two verses in mind...

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for men.
Colossians 3:23


God is not unjust;
He will not forget your work and the love
you have shown Him as you have helped His people
and continue to help them.
Hebrews 6:10

2 comments:

Future Envy of the PTA said...

I'm thinking of you Erin!! Good luck and I hope things will go smoothly for you!

The Sinclairs said...

I've been thinking about you today. I hope your first day back went well. You are going to touch so many of those kids lives at school this year. They are lucky to have you there!