About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

God's "Warrior Princess"

It is with great sadness that I tell our readers that Jessie Garren took her last breath last night at 9 pm. Yet, while I write that first sentence, I realize that I should not be sad about this. What an amazing God we serve. Jessie was such an awesome example. In church this week, Todd (our pastor) said that Jessie's prayer was to reach the halls of Brevard High School. Well... I can truly say.. WELL DONE JESSIE!!! While Ryan and I prayed so hard about whether or not I would be going back to work after the birth of Lucy McLean and while it was painfully hard to leave her, I had a HUGE blessing in my job today. As a school counselor, I was called for crisis response at the high school, after the passing of Jessie. As I drove over there, I prayed about how God would lead me to these young men and women and for Him to speak through me. As I walked in to the school, I realized, I didn't have to say a thing.. God had already taken care of everything, THROUGH JESSIE!!! Jessie, girlfriend, you have impacted the halls of BHS. Moreso, you have impacted the lives of more people than we can imagine. I can't begin to understand or explain why the Lord allows painful situations to open doors, but I know He does. Jessie's life, her smile, her positive attitude through extreme pain, all of it, impacted the lives of not only everyone she knew, but thousands of others. As I looked up the You Tube video that I had posted back in July, I noticed that it had been seen over 2,000 times. WOW!!! Please watch it if you have a chance. I have posted it below again. For those of you who have prayed for the Garren family, thank you and please continue to pray. I can't begin to tell you what an amazing family this is. Jessie, thank you for the impact you made. Your life was well crafted by our wonderful maker and I feel blessed to have experienced your smile. Lord, thank you for the opportunity to love on high school girls and be with them through this journey. Not that I deserved a reminder of why you wanted me back at work, nor did you have to give it to me, BUT THANK YOU!!!

I will leave you with a verse from Jessie's Caringbridge site...

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9


1 comment:

The Sinclairs said...

WoW, what a amazing witness Jessie was to so many people. I would have liked to have met her. I'll keep her family in my prayers.