About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lucy McLean's Cradle






My dad made Lucy McLean this beautiful cradle. As if him building it wasn't special enough, there is a story behind it. The wood that was used to build this cradle, came from a tree that was cut down in my hometown, around the time that I was born. When my dad and his friend were planing the wood, they found a civil war bullet in the lumber. There was also a nail in it. My dad kept both the nail and bullet to show "future generations". The walnut plugs and pins came from logs from the house I grew up in. How awesome is that?! Lucy McLean loves her cradle. What a special gift from a special grandpa! Now we just need a bumper for it. Let us know if you have any ideas.

-Erin

Thank you Grandpa for my cradle! Thank you also for coming up to see me. I had a great time with you loving on me, spoiling me, singing to me and everything else. YOU ARE AWESOME. I LOVE YOU!!!

- Lucy McLean

2 comments:

Future Envy of the PTA said...

that is just beautiful!!! I did a search on BabiesRUs and Target for "cradle bumpers" and they both have them! Can't wait to see it all together :) Hope you guys are doing well.

The Sinclairs said...

What a special gift that you guys will always treasure. I was thinking that you maybe could attach two sets of bassinet bumper pads together... but I didn't realize they actually had cradle bumpers. How neat!