About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Busy Weekend


Wow, I had a jam packed weekend full of fun people. On Friday I went to my Daddy's ballgame. I was so proud of him. He is an awesome coach. Both teams (varsity and JV) won. Then we went out to eat. Of course, I only got milk, but Mama and Daddy seemed to enjoy their food.

On Saturday, I got to meet the Horton girls and Hailey (my cousin). These ladies loved on me all day and we had a blast. Susannah and Hailey even filled my crib up with all of the toys that I will one day play with. They thought I would sleep better with all of the soft sweetness!

This is me snoozing on Hailey



Hailey, Susannah and me

Susannah and Me


Mimi and meJenny Rae and me
This is what I woke up to... a crib full of soft cuddly toys. Thank you Susannah and Hailey!
Today, three of my Mama's awesome friends came to town. Mary Beth and Jenny have been friends of my Mama's her whole life. She can't remember not knowing them. Jenny (my Mama likes to call her Henna Eugene Gilbert) grew up with my Mama and went to church with her. She works at N.C.S.U. (her only bad quality is being a wolfpack fan) and is going to get married in November. Mama is sooo excited for her. I saw her sparkly diamond when she was rocking me today. Mary Beth's mom was my Mama's Kindergarten teacher. MB works for Cisco in Charlotte and is the proud new aunt to Daniel Newell (born last Friday). She has one other nephew, Trenton and a niece, Emma. She married a sweetie pie last September, named Patrick. Mama is so proud of her! Elizabeth and my Mama met in 6th grade. They didn't get along at first, but after the teachers sent them to peermediation (whatever that means!) haha, they became best of friends. They have been close ever since. Lizzy D lives in Morganton and works at Broughton Hospital. Mama says she has a really tough job, but that the Lord has called her to do what she does.



This is me snoozing on Lizzy D

Jenny, Mary Beth and Elizabeth
(that is me in MB's arms)



Everyone I met was so much fun. I knew they would be. My Mama talks about them all the time. She thanks the Lord for them, when we pray together at night. She says that we are truly blessed to have all of these people who care about us and want to come visit. I am just enjoying the snuggling with everyone.





Speaking of snuggling, it is time for a Sunday afternoon snooze with my Daddy. With all of this visitor time, he and I haven't gotten to snuggle as much as we are used to. Boy do I have an amazing Daddy. He loves me to pieces!





Have a great week everyone!

:)- Lucy McLean

No comments: