About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Steps


Hey! It's Lucy McLean again. Wow have I been busy. My Nana, Aunt Anna and Cousin Noah came to visit me on Friday. We went all the way up the mountain to see my Daddy at work. We had a lot of fun.


On Saturday, I met a lot of the McLean family. It was nice to finally see the people that I got my name from. They really are as awesome as Mom says they are. Our house was jam packed with aunts, uncles and cousins. Mama wasn't feeling very well, so she slacked off on the picture taking. Obviously, Daddy wasn't at home or we would have had a gazillion pictures. I am so glad he is capturing everything for me. I will be able to look back and see how much I am changing daily.


On Sunday, my Mama and Daddy tag teamed taking care of me. Daddy went to first worship at church and Mama went to second. It was nice to know that I was well taken care of and they could still go and worship. I can't wait until Dr. Myers gives them the okay for me to go to church. The weather was beautiful Sunday afternoon, so Mama talked Daddy in to taking our first walk. We made it all the way to the other side of town and back. We even got to meet a neighbor from the other end of the street. Her name is Grayson and she was born exactly one week after me. She is a cutie patootie and has a HEAD FULL OF HAIR!!!


My Grammy bought us a book from 106.9 on how to get me in to a schedule. Last night was our first night trying our new routine. It may be a little early for me to figure all of this out, but my Mama wanted to go ahead and try. Last night was a little rough at first and I broke my Daddy's heart everytime I cried, but I finally settled down and went 4 hours until my middle of the night feeding and 5 until the next. My Mama told me how proud she was of me this morning and she seems well rested. I am sure we are going to have a great day!


Well, it is about time for my morning nap. I just wanted to catch everyone up on what is happening in my life. So far, I am loving my new life outside of my Mama's tummy. All of my new friends have been wonderful and I already have my Daddy wrapped around my finger!!!!



Love,

Lucy McLean

No comments: