About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

High Tech Classrooms

I have to say, I feel blessed to work in a school system that works hard for teachers to have every available resource that is out there. I was even more excited when I found out that I had received a projector and elmo for my class this year.

So, I don't have my Y cable yet, so my projector is hooked up straight to my computer and my screen ends up taking the place of my monitor. Are you with me? So, the computer looks as if it is off, but everything you do on the computer, is actually being displayed for the entire class to see.

So, I had this boy who was driving everyone around him crazy, so I moved him to the extra space over by the computers. He is sitting over there "doing his work" when I hear a little boy go "OHHHHHH.... Mrs. Shelton, look what Colter is typing." I look straight over to the little boy whose jaw is literaly touching the ground and his eyes are about to pop out of his head. Then my eyes make their way to the screen in front of the class where the letters "A-S-S" are typed over and over again, taking up the entire screen.

I, at this point, am trying not to make eye contact with the lady I team teach with. Needless to say, this didn't work and we ended up crying we were laughing so hard.

Oh the joys of teaching!!!

No comments: