About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Friends Like This Are Hard to Come By!


Twenty eight years ago today (March 3rd), a very special friend was born. The Lord blessed Bill and Peggy Godley with their first born, a daughter. She would grow to be a strong woman, with a witty sense of humor, a striking sense of fashion, a love for all things corny, a die-hard Carolina fan, a woman of God, and an amazing friend.

I was blessed to meet this special friend 17 years ago. We quickly became close friends. Sara has seen me through so many ups and downs in my life. She has seen me as I made some horid teenage mistakes that I would like to forget. She has seen me when my heart ached and when my heart jumped with joy. She has been with me on hot summer days, driving with windows down and singing at the top of our lungs. She has been with me on activity buses driving to away games with smelly football and basketball players! She has been with me as we celebrated many of lives greatest journies...high school, college, marriage, kids. She is the sister I never had and a perfect aunt to her "little ducks". Sara, although space is between us...I know that we are as close as ever. The Lord has truly blessed me to have a lifelong friend in you and I am so glad you were born!!!
We love you Aunt Sara!
P.S. As we walked down to the FFA barn at school today, Lucy McLean picked a buttercup and said, "Let's give it to Aunt Sara for her birthday." If only she knew how meaningful that statement would be to her Aunt Sara!

1 comment:

gosara said...

The first part of this beautiful post had the tears right in the eyes, the last PS part had them spill over! I love you guys so much!! I wish we could be together so much more - your family is the beautiful example of what I hope to have one day... AND I'm glad you did it all first so I could learn! :) This birthday post is sweet just as my 17th birthday with the buttercups/daffodils all over my car! And the bouquet of balloons that arrived in college for my 21st and all the calls with a classroom of kids singing happy birthday to someone they didn't know! haha Love you so much! Thanks for this - it made my week!!