About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

12 months!!!

Dear William Ryan Shelton III "Tripp",

A year ago today, the Lord blessed me with a son. You came in to this world easier than your big sister. You almost shared a birthday with me! You are certainly the best birthday gift ever. Your first year is almost a blur. I blinked and was already planning your first birthday party. You are such a blessing. You run to me every day when I get home from work and it melts my heart! Although you don't like to snuggle, you love to be held and you entertain me by saying "awww" and laying your head down on my shoulder for about 3.5 seconds. Then you pop up for more on-the-go action. You started walking around 9 1/2 months and are practically running now. You adore your big sister and are starting to pay her back for all of the torture you have received over the last year. You go to sleep much earlier than your sister. Your favorite things are water, food, your Grampy, your sister and dogs! You run and fall on pillows and belly laugh. You wrestle with your daddy. You have learned how to throw your hands up in the air every time you hear "touchdown" (West Rowan High School won the State Championship for the 3rd year in a Row and Auburn was National Champions...all during the 1st year of your life). You love your blanket and suck your middle finger and ring finger when your blanket is in your hand. You are sweet as pie and I feel like the luckiest mother alive that the Lord gave you to me.
I pray for you daily, sometimes multiple times a day. I pray that the Lord shows me how to raise you to be a Godly man and that you will grow up to know Him and put your faith in Him. I pray that you stay sweet and that you continue to love your big sister. I pray that you value family (immediate and extended) and love spending time with them as much as I do. I pray that you make wise decisions and that the Lord protects your heart as you grow up in a tainted world. I pray that you make the most of every situation that the Lord puts you in and that you grow from the pain that I know is inevitable. I pray that the inevitable pain is minimal! I pray that you know how much I love you and that you never forget that! I pray that the Lord brings godly friends in to your life for you to walk through life with. I pray that you find that space to "be a boy", but not be of this world! I pray that you realize how lucky you are to grow up in a country that you can love God and praise Him with freedom and no fear! I pray that you realize how blessed you are to be a southerner! I pray that you love growing up in a small town as much as your mama did! I pray that peer pressure doesn't consume you and that you can enjoy your childhood as long as possible. I pray that you continue to want to wrestle on the living room floor with your daddy, belly laugh at your sister and run to your mama....for years to come!
Tripp, I love you more than words can say. You are a very special gift from God and I will never take being your mama for granted! Thank you for being you. Happy first Birthday little sprout!
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

The Cooks said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Tripp!! Sorry we missed the big party :( Love y'all!!

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

LOVE that sweet picture. Y'all are adorable. Happy Birthday, Tripp!