About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Monday, April 20, 2009

I covet...

So I have officially survived my first day back after break. Sigh! Covet #1, stay at home moms!

Covet #2...Over break, my mind went racing with about 526 million ideas for our house. Ryan loves me and all of my projects! So, it's off to pick up Lucy McLean and get rolling over to Lowes for some price checks.

Questions for the three people who actually read my blog...

1. Anyone know of cheap (haha) good looking counter top ideas?This is what they look like now.

2. In an older home, do white wooden (fake) blinds or bamboo blinds look better? (for the living room) It is now a khaki color with white trim.

3. We are taking out the bar in the foreground of this picture in an attempt to open up everything. Have any other ideas?

5 comments:

Shealy said...

Our house was built in the 60s... we have white wood blinds. all of our rooms are a tannish color with white trim. it seems to work :)

BCSM said...

i have white roman shades, i love bamboo, but i think that it makes it seem darker. to achieve your dream kitchen just make you upper cabinets go all the way to the ceiling. lowes and home depot will give you quotes. they also have pre-existing ones that are much cheaper and look nice! also check out special order laminate bc there is much more to choose from now, and many of them look like natural stone.

The Sinclairs said...

Hey Erin... I agree about the blinds. I would pick white. Well, actually, I guess I should say that I did pick white. Our house was built in 1923 and I'm pleased with the white shades. I've heard that the darker shades can actually fade in the sunlight.

Good luck! Speaking from experience... just be careful... once you start one room, you'll want to keep on going and re-do everything.

Hope to see you guys soon!

The Fambros said...

Well you know I am not handy with the remodeling ideas but as far as cheap goes, do the Home depot thing and learn to do it your self. Seems to be the easiest way to go. We have natural wood colored blinds and they look nice. But I would think the lighter the color the bigger it will make your house look. Luvs!!!

Alpha Teama said...

Hmmm....ceramic tile can make a gorgeous countertop and isn't THAT expensive. You can even get creative with the colors and patterns, I do believe. You could add a backsplash on the wall between the counter and the cabinets - that always looks nice. Um....you can get new light fixtures or even new hardware for the cabinets - small changes make a big difference!