About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little pitty party...

Ok, so day 3 with the flu and it is definitely worse. I am trying to be a hero and play it off like it isn't that bad, but wheew, I know Ryan wasn't milking this stuff for a second. All my body wants to do is sleep, but my mind is racing with things that need to be done both here at home and at work. My kids take the state writing test Tuesday (SCARY). Please pray for my attitude. I am having a difficult time being laid flat out and not being productive. I am also having a difficult time, as a first time mom, not freaking out over every little change I feel in my body. I am sure that 90% is due to the mixture of being 34 weeks pregnant and having the flu, but I still am allowing myself to worry too much. I know that the Lord is in control of this entire situation and has his hands on Baby Shelton. I just fear doing something that will harm the baby. I also, can't help, but worry about our finances and what this absense from work means. I have to work 120 days for this school year to count and so far, I have worked 115. I have 5 more to go. Honestly, I want to be a ble to last a lot more than 5, for maternity leaves sake. BUT, 5 is that lucky number to get my professional status and pay raise. Minor in the grand scheme of things, but still very frustrating when you are home moping around. Also pray for Ryan, seeing how he is having to put up with me. Thanks for all of the love and support!

No comments: