About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NEVER a dull moment!!!

P.S. This picture doesn't go with the post...but it is another fine example of how LM loves to dress herself. She puts bloomers on top of just about everything now!
So, I am feeling a little more like I am living in a sitcom these days. Here is the run down of a very eventful few days:



Last Wednesday: Ryan calls and tells me to look outside my office window. He has something to "show" me. The "fun" surprise was a wrecked truck :(. He is okay, Lucy McLean is okay...the truck is being fixed!



Saturday night: Lucy McLean is wheezing and hacking all night long while we are at Ryan's parents.



Sunday morning: We leave Ryan's parents at 10:00 to go to Urgent Care with LM and then come home. 2 1/2 hours later in UC and a flat tire on the way home....we finally made it back at 6:00 (p.s. we only live 2 1/2 hours away)



Monday-Tuesday- My wonderful mother rearranges her schedule to be with her croupy grandaughter! She keeps up the house and manages to have a blast with a less than 100% LM. WE LOVE YOU!!!



Last night- LM goes to bed on time and is exhausted. We think we are on the mend and are prepared to take her back to Melissa's this morning.



11pm- LM wakes up coughing and screaming....this goes on until 4:30 AM!!!



5:30 am- We decide that I will take a half day off and wait for LM to wake up from her late night adventures and see how she is feeling.



7:00 am- Ryan leaves with the car so that he doesn't have to walk to work in the cold (remember he wrecked his truck and it is in the shop). We don't live that far away (.74 of a mile to be exact). We had discussed me calling him once we were ready and he could come back and give us the car.



9:00am- LM wakes up and seems to be feeling better. I call Melissa and tell her I am going to take a shower and be on our way.



9:30am- I get out of the shower to find my precious little rascal with my underwear and pj pants on with her toothbrush in her mouth. She then gets up and stands on her little step stool and proceeds to wash "Mama's call" (ie phone) in the bathroom sink. She is grinning from ear to ear. This leaves us with no way to call Ryan to let him know we need the car. All of the neighbors are gone by this hour.



9:31am- I laugh hysterically and thank the Lord for such a fun child. What else am I to do?



9:50am- My hair is dry and my underwear are off from around my child's neck. We bundled up in our coats and Lucy McLean gets in her play car (the stroller is in my car) and we walk to Ryan's work to get my car so that we can get on with our day.



10:30am- We are leaving Ryan's work after giving him a good laugh about our morning... go out to my car and my tire is flat AGAIN!!!



3:30pm- I am finished with my half day of work. It certainly goes fast when you don't get here until lunch. I am heading to Melissa's to pick up my curious little rascal and begin our night together. All the while, I am still laughing at my sitcom life and thanking the Lord for all of it.



P.S. If you need me for the next few days, you may want to try Ryan's phone. His is indestructible...what a smart purchase!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!