About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm IT!

Ok so the wonderful Mrs. Deline tagged me. So, here are 10 HONEST things about me. (p.s. I am teaching about honesty this month in my guidance classes... craziness)


1. I am very organized when it comes to work. I slack on it a little at home. I LOVE LOVE LOVE "to do" lists and sometimes even write down things that I have already accomplished, just so I can check them off! (please tell me I'm not the only one).


2. My parents were right... while I loved my wedding day, Ryan and I wish we would have taken the money! It was great, but we would have been just as married had we just had our parents there. Maybe we could have paid off a few things?! hmm!!!


3. I love Jesus! More and more, I realize that I have lived a "religious" life and have not had my heart in the right place. In growing in my relationship with Christ, I realize daily how amazing God is and how blessed I feel. P.S. Please pray for me. I am doing Route 66 with Melissa. We are reading the entire Bible in '09! I struggle!


4. I am homesick! I love Brevard and want so badly to raise LM and any other siblings the Lord might bless her with here. I do, however, wish I were closer to my parents, grandmother and extended family. In my dream world, Rowan County would only be 30 minutes to an hour away. Maybe I can still talk my parents in to packing it all up and moving to Brevard!!! With this being said, I am still very open and understand that the Lord can uproot me at any time. Who knows what is in our future?


5. I love George Bush. I know...I know ( I can hear your moans now). But, I am proud of knowing that I voted for George Bush and trust that he prayed his entire way through his presidency. While I did not agree with every decision he made, I respect him for the godly man that he is. I also don' t think that I can honestly say that anyone could have handled the tragedies and sorrow that he faced during the last 8 years any better than he did. On that note, I will respect and pray for President Obama. In Route 66, I recently read this scripture. While I have heard it before, it meant something new to me this time ...

" Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities for there is no authority except that which God has established.." Romans 13:1.

I understand that we all have our opinions of Obama and every other political figure in the US. My opinion is to keep on reading in God's word, pray for them, but not worship them! After all, being a political figure doesn't mean you aren't human!


6. I knew I would marry Ryan before I ever met him. Seth introduced us in college and I have to say, our first conversations were via AIM. Do people still use that? Anyways... we finally spoke on the phone and after our conversation, I turned to my roomate at the time (Erin Michelle) and said... "Is it possible to know you are going to marry someone before you meet them?" Here we are married and raising a baby!

7. I love my job. I miss LM like crazy during the day and wish so bad that I could have it all, but realize every day as I leave work, that this is where the Lord wants me. I love being with kids and trudging through messy situations with them. I love knowing that the Lord speaks through me and that I can pray over 555 kids daily. It is not an easy job and I come home crying and wanting to lock LM in a bubble on days, but it is a job where I feel completely blessed.

8. I want a house full of youngins. If any of you have ever seen my house, I am sure you are thinking "Check that one off honey!" I know, our house is tiny now, but we consider it a stepping stone! Gotta start off somewhere!!! Eventually, we would love to have 4 (or so) kids. I dream of playing games with my family, laughing with them, reading the Bible with them, swimming, watching their daddy wrestle with them. I am completely in love with my husband and think that he is the best daddy ever. Ahhh... it warms my heart!

9. I feel a special bond with the ladies that I met at Auburn. While I don't get to talk to them as often as I would like and we are down to annual trips now, I miss you ladies and love you more than you know. I cherish the memories of my first year of teaching. I cherish the pain and hurt that we dealt with together through trying times. I cherish times at ball games, at Laredos, at Carver Primary, at Opelika High Football games, walking together, all of it. I wish so badly that I could take all of you and just have sacred time to catch up. THank you for inspiring me, for listening to me, for praying for me and with me, for being as excited as I was when Ryan and I got engaged, for loving on me through my grief, for trying your hardest over the last few years, to stay in touch.

10. I am my mom! Friends from my hometown used to call me "Little Pam". They usually did this when I was showing my assertive side. As I grow, I realize how amazing my mom is. She is a remarkably strong woman. I admire my mom for a million reasons, but that is another post all in itself. I am proud when people say that I am anything like my mom... looks, assertiveness, strength, brains, everything. Wish I got her height though... pretty upset about that.

So, there are my 10 things. I am going to tagg Jamie Cook (who has all the time in the world with her newborn Lila), Anna Cranford, Jennifer Sinclair, Rebecca Denton (because you need a stinkin' blog with that cutie patootie of yours), Alyse Aiken, Beth Hooper, and Allison Fambro... YOU ARE IT... GO!

3 comments:

ernchelle said...

I love it! I'm so glad that I got to be a part of you and Ryan's beginning...I told you that you could know before you met! And since I don't say it enough, PFE is blessed beyond measure to have you my friend! I want to know more about this Route 66 thing...oh and by the way, I put a link to your blog on mine, hope you don't mind!

DeLine Family said...

We do have so much in common! Hopefully we'll be able to hang out more! LM is getting so big & she is just precious!
ps...I also knew I was going to marry my husband but after I met him only once when I was 18 and he was 26 & about to get engaged!! {don't worry, she was the one cheating...I always say I "willed" her away! hee hee}

Belue said...

Wow Erin...I had a blast reading about you and have realized that we would be best friends if we ever lived close to each other. We have a lot in common.

ABelue