About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Monday, August 13, 2007

One Year Ago....

WE TIED THE KNOT!!!


YAY! We made it a whole year without Ryan killing me. Yesterday was our big year mark. It is amazing how fast a year goes by. Marriage is not near as scary as everyone makes it out to be. It has been a blast. I love knowing that I have my best friend to talk to daily and experience life with. I guess I lucked out with Ryan having grown up with lots of estrogen. He has been very patient with me this year. I feel blessed to have him. Although we have been through a lot, I can't imagine it being a better year. Ryan, thank you for being so amazing! I love every minute of being your wife!

Ryan took off Friday through Monday for us to spend time together. We drove to Tennessee to camp Friday night, but decided that 99 degree weather + no thinga magig that hooks the propane to the stove (we forgot it at home) meant heading back home.

So, Friday night we went to Hot Springs. I know, if you aren't from here or haven't been there you are thinking... hmmm... tooo hot so you go to Hot Springs? It was actually very relaxing and we loved it. Anyone who hasn't had a chance to enjoy this little piece of heaven should go! http://www.nchotsprings.com/


Saturday was a lovely day just hanging out. We went to a good ol' Rosman YFL game and saw our friend Savanna cheer. She is the mascot and her mom and I work together. (see picture of Alissa and Kelly- Savanna's parents below) Then we spent the afternoon relaxing and took a nice long walk after dinner. We got home at 9 to find our AC was GONE! Kinda a little joke on us. Leave your vacation because it is too hot= AC goes out!




So, we were strong through Saturday night and headed to church Sunday. We spent the day in Asheville (away from the heat). Lucky for Snoop, his amazing Aunt Megan let him hang out at her house. We then went over to Megan and Stephen's to cook dinner and hang out. When it was cool enough, we headed on home.
Then.. we woke up this morning. Well, I woke up, and my wonderful husband was already up and had the AC man on the way! HOW AWESOME! He was able to fix it in 20 minutes flat and the Shelton house is now nice and peaceful again! We spent the rest of our day hiking at Triple Falls. It was beautiful and Snoop really enjoyed it. Everyone who passed us had to pet him, so he was loving that. Here are some pictures from the great day!


Triple Falls


Snoop was exhausted after the trip!

No comments: