About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Friday, April 20, 2007

New to the Blog Scene- The Sheltons

After being able to catch up on some long lost friends through their blog, I thought that I would set up a blog for the Sheltons! I am at home from work today. I have been quarantined from school because I have the chicken pox. Yep, that's right... a grown adult... with THE CHICKEN POX! I noticed them Tuesday when Megan and I were on our way home from classes at WCU. I tried to tell myself that it may just be a rash, but no, they are indeed THE POX!

Anyways, Ryan and I have been married fo eight months now and I am loving every minute of married life. We live in Brevard, NC... one of the most beautiful placed God ever created. We have a little house in downtown and I love walking our adorable dog Snoop with our friends Megan and Andie (Andie is Snoop's best friend).

I am teaching 4th grade at Rosman Elementary. My kiddos are sweet as can be and I LOVE my team. They are the most amazing women to work with!

I am also in grad school at WCU for school counseling. Megan and I met in grad school this summer and we ride together to all of our classes.

Ryan is working as a store manager for a hardware and rental equipment store in Cashiers. He loves his job, but wishes it were a little closer to home.

Off to a new day with not being allowed to go to work. I guess I should be happy about this?! Ryan and I laughed about how when we were little we wanted to skip school and now it sucks to NOT BE ABLE to go to work. I think the Lord laughs at us sometimes. Me, probably more than others!

On a good note, my wonderful grandparents are coming in to town today. WOOHOO! I can't wait to see their smiling faces. They are amazing. If you have had a chance to meet them, you know what I mean!

No comments: