About Me

We are a family of five (yes we count our dog) who are loving every minute that the Lord has blessed us with!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Grammy

Gampy & Grammy
Grammy meeting Baby Tripp
Proud Grammy with Lucy McLean (who in fact is a WHITE baby)
Today is a very special day. On this day just a few short years ago ;), my mom was born. She is an amazing woman. Just a few things about her (in no particular order)...
1. Her signature phrase is "Oh my Gosh"
2. She is MADLY in love with her grand kids.
3. She is very sarcastic.
4. She loves the Lord and is devoted to spending time with Him daily.
5. She raised me alone from the time I was three, until she married my dad when I was 14.
6. She is very athletic...I know I know...how am I her offspring?
7. She is EXTREMELY scared of snakes.
8. She is a little insane about dogs...LOVES 'EM!
9. We talk on the phone AT LEAST one time a day.
10. She talks to her best friend Martha EVERY morning by 8.
11. She snorts when she laughs.
12. She is a middle child.
13. She graduated from the same high school that I graduated from (and will be working in the Fall).
14. She broke her leg while playing airplane with her neighbors growing up.
15. Her first car was a mustang.
16. She loves shopping just a little!
17. She loves my dad.
18. She drives up to Brevard at the drop of a hat when she finds out one of the kids are sick.
19. She can make a mad poundcake. My dad calls her "Poundcake Pam"!
20. Her favorite color is green.
21. She can peel potatoes, something she never taught her daughter how to do ;)...inside joke!
22. She loves Coach bags.
23. She loves Chicos.
24. She loves to read.
25. She loves to watch HGTV.
26. She doesn't write in cursive...ever. Not even to sign her name.
27. She lights up when she sees Lucy McLean and/or Tripp.
28. I have only seen her cry a few times in my entire life.
29. She tans very easily.
30. She is a great mother-in-law...I promise. Ryan says so. "Favorite one he has ever had"
31. She hates flying.
32. She gets car sick VERY easily..especially if someone wears perfume, has aussie hair products in, or is chewing juicy fruit gum.
33. She has never had a ticket (to my knowledge)
34. She is real... 100% of the time.
35. She is willing to fight tooth and nail for what is best for someone.
36. Her favorite movie is the Wizard of Ozz.
37. The last time she picked out a movie with my dad was Waiting to Exhale...she has been banned from doing so since then!
38. She promised me when I was devastated about not getting the scholarship I wanted and not being able to go to Meredith, that UNCA would be perfect...and she was right.
39. 99% of the time... SHE IS RIGHT!
40. She is EXTREMELY ORGANIZED and never loses ANYTHING!
41. She has an impaccable way of telling people the truth (no matter how nasty it is) in a very tasteful way.
42. Most of my friends want her as a second mom!
43. She doesn't dance!
44. She used to wear horid clothes from that "Multiples" line of clothing...that did home shows. My dad still makes fun of her fish outfit. I think they might have been in style at the time...haha!
45. She has great taste in clothing now!
46. She sings about as well as her daughter!
47. She is really good at math and typing.
48. She eats way more healthy than her daughter!
49. She asked the secretary if she really needed to come to the school and if she had time to take a shower when I broke my arm in 5th grade. It was the first Memorial Day she had off, that I was in school and she had been gardening. My fingers were touching my elbow! She came on!!
50. She cries when she laughs.
51. She is one of the McLean girls...Tripp is the first born male in a long time!!!
52. SHE IS THE BEST GRAMMY AND MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD AND WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT HER!!!
We love you Grammy!
:)-Erin, Ryan, Lucy McLean & Tripp



1 comment:

Beth Hooper said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Pam! I know that you are ecstatic to have Erin, Ryan, LM and Tripp moving home!

Erin, your mom raised a wonderful daughter. Just reading your list about your Mom made me smile.

:) Beth