Today, I am asking that you stop and pray for two families that are very precious to me and Ryan. Jessie Garren (seen in the picture below, being baptized by our music pastor and her dad) is a 17 year old who we go to church with. She was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer and has been fighting a courageous battle for over a year now. She is having an especially difficult time right now. She is currently in Boston, receiving treatment. Please feel free to visit her caring bridge site at...http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do . I hope that is the right link. If not, you can search the site using her name (no spaces). Please pray specifically for
* The Lord's will to be done in Jessie's situation.
* That she be protected from the side effects of the new medication and chemo that she is receiving.
* That her family (Kit, Marilyn and brother Robert), as well as Jessie, feel God's presence and that they would have a peace about the mighty work he is doing in their lives.
Prayer Request #2-
While living in Alabama, I was blessed with the opportunity to work with Sarah Martin. She is an amazing woman and friend. Last Thursday, she delivered this handsome little man 5 weeks early. Luke is doing better, but has a lot of work to do before he can come home with mom, dad and brother Ford. Please pray specifically that:
* The Lord would comfort Sarah and Joseph as they journey through a very trying time both emotionally and physically.
* That he continues to progree and is able to soon nurse.
* That he becomes healthy enough (VERY SOON) to come home with the rest of the family.
For more info, you can visit their blog...http://jandsmartin.blogspot.com/
Thank you to all of you sweet friends who are willing to pray for these two very dear families. I know that they will appreciate it. Our Lord is an awesome God. It is amazing how he works in each of our lives. Ryan and I definitely felt each of your prayers as we went through our week in the hospital with little miss Lucy Mac! We couldn't have done it without them! As these stories unfold, I will try to keep you updated.